THE FUNtastic Fitness & Nutrition education program improves the level of fitness in our STARS and teaches them (and their families) the importance of a healthy lifestyle and the perils of inactivity.
Our classes combine all of the elements of a traditional kid-friendly movement program into one class that uses imagination and non-stop activity to teach healthy living. Instructors come on site and our kids are engaged in an interactive weekly program. Your child will never be bored – we use a variety of skill-specific equipment.
- Children today have a shorter life expectancy than their parents for the first time in 200 years because of the epidemic of obesity (Baylor College of Medicine).
- Preschoolers should have 60 minutes and toddlers 30 minutes of STRUCTURED daily physical activity – not just free play (National Association of Sports & Physical Education).
- The rate of overweight preschoolers has tripled over the past two decades. The AAP recommends that age-appropriate exercise begins at the preschool level (American Academy of Pediatrics).
Stretch-n-Grow is your school’s choice for early childhood physical education!
- Interactivity – builds social skills
- Appropriate physical movements – develops growing bodies
- Music – keeps activities fun
- Equipment – improves manipulative skills
- Cognitive lessons – keeps the kids stimulated
- Continuous movement – means no waiting in line
- Warm-up activity stories – engages their imagination
- Age-appropriate workouts – builds endurance and strength
- Cool downs – emphasizes stretching and flexibility
- Physical conditioning – prepares them for team sports
- Group participation – builds self-esteem
- Non-competitive activities – fosters friendly relationships
- Identify major muscles and bones in the body
- Distinguish between healthy foods (every day foods) and junk food (sometimes food)
- Learn how vitamins and minerals help keep our bodies healthy
- Discover the importance of drinking lots of water every day
- Identify the two types of exercise/activity – aerobic and strengthening
- Learn how to keep our bodies healthy through exercise and nutrition
- Learn and practice the five healthy habits – exercise, good hygiene, nutrition, rest, good attitude